Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is slated to inaugurate the Indian Science Congress (ISC)-2019 at Lovely Professional University (LPU) on January 3, will hold ‘chai pe charcha’ with three Nobel laureates, two scientists and two students.
The theme of ISC – Future India: Science and Technology
“Government’s aim is to deliver the benefits of Science & Technology to the last man in the society and scientists being a pivot should put their heart and soul into finding new solutions to the problems facing the nation and improve the quality of life of common man”.
It is the only second time for a University of Punjab to organize their herculean science spectacle.
The Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA) owes its origin to the foresight and initiative of two British Chemists, namely, Professor J.L. Simonsen and Professor P.S. MacMohan.
- To advance and promote the cause of science in India.
- To hold an annual congress at a suitable place in India.
- To publish such proceedings, journals, transactions, and other publications as may be considered desirable.
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of Science.
- The first meeting of the Congress was held from January 15-17, 1914 at the premises of the Asiatic Society, Calcutta.